Westfall delivers integrated plastics solutions that
benefit both People and Planet.
We believe in the power of Plastics for Good, and design our products to save and improve millions of lives everyday while minimizing our carbon footprint and supporting the Circular Economy.
We deliver plastics solutions that benefit both People and Planet
- Bioabsorbable implantable tack for hernia mesh fixation
- Wearable injector systems for assisting in daily diabetes management
- Bioabsorbable Bone Screws containing TCP
- Can increase joint reconstruction healing time by 30%
- Community outreach for Plastics and Recycling
By reducing plastic waste and driving recycled content, we are creating a Circular Economy.
- Designers are trained to Design for Sustainability
- Hot runner systems can reduce scrap by up to 95%
- 25% Post-Consumer Recycled Plastic goal by 2030
- Association of Plastic Recyclers Demand Champions
We will partner with our customers, suppliers, competitors and NGOs to drive the Circular Economy.
- Association of Plastic Recyclers
- Sustainable Purchasing Leadership Council
- Sustainable Packaging Coalition
- Ellen MacArthur Commitment for a New Plastics Economy
We believe in plastics being used for good.
Plastics often have a better environmental footprint than its counterparts.
Design Healthcare materials to have recyclability
Chemical recycling is expanding Post-Consumer Recycled material in Medical and Food applications.
We are reducing our overall carbon footprint through our stack mold capabilities to
reduce energy by 50-60%.
- Low Cost of Ownership
Our Sustainability Journey
We are working across the waste hierarchy to:
- Reduce problematic packaging and unnecessary plastic
- Drive reusable models
- Ensure packaging is recyclable, reusable, or compostable
- Increase recycled content levels
Reduce / Rethink
- Eliminate foil seals with proprietary closure technology
- Energy and cycle times reduction with advanced molding technologies, IVG nozzles, black box actuators, and MHS hot runners
- Design for right-weighting while maintaining structural integrity
- Reduce size of molds and steel consumption required with compact designs
- MHS Hot Runners and M3 machines reduce materials by 45-50%
- rMolds enable molds to be re-used for program/product updates
- Reusable cups via EcoCore technology
- Include up to 100% recycled content
- Design products for recyclability
- Proprietary closure technology to improve total product recyclability
- APR Demand Champions and Healthcare Plastics Recycling Council members
- Ellen MacArthur Pledge for a New Plastics Economy
- Leverage chemical recycling to drive Sustainability in Healthcare
We are avoiding landfills by leveraging vision systems to re-use materials internally or partnering with brands to re-use scrap.
Leakage into the Enviroment
Operation Clean Sweep Certification to prevent resin leakage into water ways.
- Leveraging our proprietary closure technology, we are qualifying new designs with major beverage and food companies to remove from HDPE and PET bottles that will eliminate over 500,000 pounds of non-recyclable foil liners a year
- Our Design group is actively working with customers to light-weight their packaging, which would eliminate over 500,000lbs of resin a year
- We have implemented 46 MHS Hot Runners, which eliminates 162,000lbs of resin in runner scrap materials
In partnership with major beverage and food brands, we have launched over 10,000 reusable cups and bowls, eliminating over 80,000 single use cups with plans to expand to over 1MM cups and bowls
- Our design team is trained on the APR Guidelines for Designing for Recyclability
- We encourage customers to avoid mixing materials and to design products out of easily recyclable materials
- With our proprietary closure designs, we have transitioned fabric and home care closures from PP to HDPE (a widely accepted material in the recycling stream), contributing to ~2 million lbs of material being more widely recycled
- We have partnered with our customers to qualify parts that will use around ~1.5 million lbs of recycled content per year, with projects underway to utilize an additional 2 million lbs of recycled content per year
- We are part of the APR Demand Champion program to continually drive demand for recycled content
- Using technical molding principles, we have proven the ability to achieve 100% recycled content in multiple product applications
We believe in partnerships to drive the Circular Economy. We are signatories of the Ellen MacArthur Pledge for a New Plastics Economy, Association of Plastics Recyclers Demand Champions, and have recently joined the Healthcare Plastics Recycling Coalition to reduce plastic waste in the Healthcare space as well. We are also Operation Clean Sweep Certified and participate annually in the International Coastal Clean-Up.
Get in touch today
Want one of our Industry Experts to contact you to discuss your next project? Fill out the form to the right and we’ll contact you today!
Schedule a Strategy Session
Please complete the form below and we'll contact you to discuss a customized solution to fit your needs.